PEANUT BUTTER KRISPY BARS
No-Bake, Vegan, and Gluten-Free
Several of you asked about the recipe for the Peanut Butter Krispy Bars last week at the Summer Trail Mixer. See the recipe from Jennifer Chaffin below!
I used a 9x13 pan, but you can definitely half the recipe and use an 8x8 square pan.
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons vanialla extract
4 cups gluten-free cereal (I used a brown rice krispy cereal)
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 Tablespoons vegetable shortening (not necessary, but recommended for a smoother chocolate consistency)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Line your 9x13 pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwavable bowl, combine 2 cups peanut butter, corn syrup, both sugars, and heat on high-power for 1 minute. Stir, and heat for 1 more minute.
3. Add the vanilla and cereal to the peanut butter mixture and stir.
4. Once combined, pour the mixture into your prepared 9x13 pan and press with a spatula until you have a flat, smooth surface. Set aside.
5. Take a medium microwavable bowl and combine the chocolate chips and shortening. Heat on high-power for 1 minute. Stir. Continue to heat for 10 seconds and stir until melted and smooth.
6. Pour the melted chocolate over your bars and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. In a small microwavable bowl, heat the 1/2 cup of peanut butter for around 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
8. Drizzle over the chocolate layer of your bars. (I made 5 long lines and then dragged a tooth pick through the lines to create a marbled effect with the chocolate.)
9. Cover with foil and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours until the bars are set.
10. Lift the base foil out of your pan and slice. ENJOY!