5 Reasons YOU should hit the trails this Summer
Trail running has become all the rage over the last few years and for good reason. Runners who have gotten tired of the roads are starting to discover the joys of running through the woods, and there seems to be another new trail race popping up every weekend. Below you will find our top reasons that we think you should join us on the trails this Summer.
- Beat the heat- Who wants to slave away on the hot asphalt sucking down car exhaust when you can run in perpetual shade? The woods will be 10 or more degrees cooler than the roads, giving you the opportunity for a faster, longer run.
- Softer ride- Give your joints a break from the constant pounding and enjoy the feel of shock absorbing soft dirt under your feet.
- Refresh your brain- Step into the woods and let the worries of the day go. The traffic, noise and pace stresses from the road no longer exist and the peaceful quiet of the forest is a great way to unwind after a long day. Additionally, your mind will be constantly engaged as you are navigating the roots and rocks, keeping you focused on your run and not the troubles back at the office.
- Activate your muscles- Trail running requires different muscle groups than road running. The uneven terrain will whip those stabilizers into shape while the climbs will engage those weak glutes.
- Join the club-Trail runners are a different yet inclusive breed. We all share a common love for the woods and the joy of running through them with child-like wonderment. We love the quiet, the fresh air, and the beauty and we want to share it with YOU!